Compliance Unfiltered is TCT’s new podcast, dedicated to making compliance suck less. It’s a fresh, raw, uncut alternative for anyone who needs honest, reliable, compliance expertise with a sprinkling of personality.
Show Notes: SOC 2 (Inside Edition)
Adam is a veteran of SOC 2 engagements. On this episode, he gives a behind-the-scenes look at exactly what goes into a SOC 2 Assessment, how it differs from PCI and other certifications, and why you would need to gain SOC 2 compliance in the first place.
What’s the difference between a SOC 2 Type 1 and a Type 2? How do you stay on track for next year? What can you do proactively? You’ll get a handle on all this and more, including the knowledge to properly game plan for your next SOC 2 assessment — without all the guesswork.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Adam’s experience with SOC 2
- What’s typically not covered under PCI as it relates to SOC 2
- Why your organization might be required to do SOC 2
- Can any Accounting firm can do a SOC 2 engagement?
- How to keep track of the complexity of SOC 2
- How to prepare for SOC 2, and what to expect from an assessment
- The difference between SOC 2 Type 1 and Type 2
- How to stay on top of continual SOC 2 maintenance
Follow Compliance Unfiltered on Twitter and Instagram at @compliancesucks